Events with Friends of MCRWR
Friends of Mid-Columbia River Wildlife Refuges will help provide many special events throughout our complex of wildlife refuges. All events are free, unless specified, and open to the public.
- Saturday, September 13, 2014
- 8:00 am to 12:00 noon
- McNary National Wildlife Refuge
- Environmental Education Center
Activities for All Ages!
- Duck Banding – begins 8:00 a.m. sharp
- Retriever Demonstrations, Gun & Fire Safety,
- Nest Box Building, Pond Life, and much more!
Note: Duck banding is dependent on trapping wild ducks.
National Wildlife Refuge Week 2014 Hanford Reach National Monument
Landscape Photography Class with John Clement
- Tuesday, October 14 from 6 pm - 8 pm (class)
- Friday, October 17 from 7am - 12 pm (field trip)
- Cost: $45.00
- Space is limited, to sign-up visit: www.visitthereach.org/tours.html, or call The REACH at 509.943.4100
Kayak Tour on the Columbia River
- Thursday, October 16 from 9:15 am - 4 pm.
- Sign-up with Park Ranger Jaynee Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.546.8356.
- Friday, October 24 from 6 - 8 p.m.
- Bats, owls, spiders, ravens, toads, wolves and other animals of Halloween folklore. See some of them live!
- Cost: REACH admission fee. Bring a canned food item for Second Harvest to get $2.00 off.
- For information: 509-546-8300